Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help getting kitten to eat wet & dry food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by chesca13, Mar 30, 2011.

1. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Hi, my kitten Noodles has only eaten whiskers kitten biscuits the woman we got him from said she tried them with the wet meat but it upset there tummys so he only eats biscuits i have almost got him on to Orijen biscuits(mixing them with the whiskers) but i would like him to have wet food aswell so to get him slowly on to that should i mix a little with his biscuits in the same way as if i was changing them??? :confused: My other cat Rhubarb she has Animonda Carny and i would like to get him on to that but he never seems bothered if thats down for her he will sniff it but never tried to eat any so could it be a)he doesn't like it, b)i need to mix it with biscuits to get him into it or c)does he know thats hers so thats why he wont eat it???

2. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

I imagine it gave him a poorly tummy due to his young age and the change of food. If anything it is dry which can cause diarhea, it does with mine, so i cut it out.

I would start feeding much less dry and start introducing some wet food.

He wont know its your other cats, I dont think cats have such manners :p He may simply not be used to it. however, if you feed less dry, then he will have to eat it. It sounds a little cruel but he will soon start to eat it when he knows that its all hes getting. Or you could rub a little on his paws so he licks it off and gets used to the taste. That is how kittens tend to learn to eat adult food.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Kittens and food,what a nightmare ;).You could try crushing some of his dry biscuits and sprinkling them on the top of the wet food.It may help if you only give a small amount of the wet sprinkled with some dry ,in the hope that it will encourage him to start eating,then increase the wet and decrease the dry.Good luck.

4. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Thank you both for the help, will try your advice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice