UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I want to pick your brains (I thought i'd use that phrase as its halloween! he he). I have had enough of my rats being lazy buggers and I curling up under the duvet and sleeping through their play time!!! I want to get their fat arses moving!! So they are going to be band from the bed as soon as I come up with another solution!

So I dont like letting them run around rooms as Louie has a habit of getting into drawers and I cleaned them out the other day and I cant even begin to count up the amount of pounds in damage he's caused to the contents lol. I dont really want them on my sofa as its brand new and leather and dont want them causing damage to it.

So I want to create a large rat proof playpen. I'm gonna use fleece to line it and have no comfy spots for them to get snuggled up in (they can sleep on their own time lol) and lots of activities to get the little buggers moving!!

So here's you come in! What can I use as a play pen for rats?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Correx?

I just ordered mine from here:

Correx Corrugated Plastic Sheets X 3 For Hutches etc | eBay

Absolute bargain and next day delivery too. Just tape it together. It's flexible so could be folded away for storage.

Or buy a collapsible rabbit/guinea pig run- that's what I use for my lot (bought the correx for something else) and it works really well.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Some people use correx but I don't know where you'd get it from. It will need to be high so they can't jump it too.
Do you not have a hallway they could run around in? Or the bathroom?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people use correx but I don't know where you'd get it from. It will need to be high so they can't jump it too.
Do you not have a hallway they could run around in? Or the bathroom?
They do play in the hallway but they just stay around the bookcase and hide lol. Plus there's open stair rail which I'm worried they'd fall off and as I have cats I have this irrational rule where there always has to be two closed doors between them if that makes sense. Basically accidents do happen and when i have the bucks out the cats are down stairs with the door closed and the rats are in the bedroom with the door closed with me in there with them and my husband down with the cats - ie two closed doors - so that if there was an accident and one door opened there is still another one closed. the living room door opens straight out into the hall so I am constantly on edge. Its not the kind of weather to kick the cats out the back door either though they do come and go as they please. The bathroom has holes around the pipes of the loo big enough for them to get stuck in and ideally id like to have them out for as long as possible. The cats spend most of their time sleeping on our bed so i can close the door on them, close the living room door and have the rats out in the living room. It would only be somewhere for them to run around while i'm not giving them cuddles or paying attention to them individually which I like to do every day - they each get to have time away from their brothers with me and have a treat and extra attention. It would be somewhere I could let them run around thats safe for them rather than containing them if that makes sense. I cant wait until they can be down here with us for a few hours with us during the evening as they are much more active during the evening as you know so they are more like to get those fat furry butts moving!! ha ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.