UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend asked me to ask on here if anyone could recomend a suitable breed for her her situation is this.
she is looking for a smalll to medium dog, she can proovide up to an dhour of exersize each day she has a meduim garden and will have plenty time for playing, she would like a dog who would be fairly easy to train ans she has lived and grown up with dogs but never trained one of her own, would it be better for her to try rescue centres she odesnt really want a dog who will cause chaos in the house doesnt mind a playful pupppy but would like it to learn things fairly quickly and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and passed on thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also meant to add the most she works around 30 hours maximum longest the dog would be left is 5 hours but it would be walked before and let out by a neighbour some days she is out for 3 hours ion for three then out for 2 but the odg would be walked each morning and let out by a friend

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I think she'd be best going to a rescue and getting an older dog that suits her. Check out dogsblog.com - you can filter your area and age of dog etc. and it collates all the rescues in the UK so you have tons of options! :)

G

·
I suggest a middle aged dog, set in it's ways, as far as personality goes, you can then train. THere are great dogs on oldies.org.uk

If she gets a total sweetheart with cats, dogs, children, sometimes hens and rabbits, too!, she is going to have the most joyfully easy to live with dog.

There is a cat and hen friendly parsons jack russell, 5 yo, called Fergus, I think, in rescue section, for private rehome, due to owners hip problems.

There is the adorable Sherlock, 45 kg, adores babies and cats, a shih tzu good with cats, etc, etc.

NOt necessarily super easy, but SO deserving, check out the stories of the 2 staffies of the week, for this week and last week.

A cat friendly laid back greyhound is a MARVELLOUS dog. Usually great to walk and travel in car, due to racing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help i will pass on the informatio she was very wary off a resuce as she thinks that they may have problems that she wouldnt be told about.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
thanks for the help i will pass on the informatio she was very wary off a resuce as she thinks that they may have problems that she wouldnt be told about.
Perhaps a good idea to assure her with rescue dogs in foster then, they're in a home environment so usually have a lot more information given and have been properly assessed etc. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks ill pass on the website our dogs were taken on at 11 months and 13 weeks and we hasd no problems but yes i will defienetley say to her that if the dog is in a foster home that it will have been propperley assed thank you all for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.