Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help for a friend...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaz25, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

My friend ordered a pair of ugg boots from a website on xmas night. She hasn't had anything from them, no email confirming order or anything. She has also emailed them twice but no reply. There is no contact number on the website either.

Looking at the website I wouldn't have trusted it but she was in such a hype to get them she never thought. It does seem like a secure site when you pay though as it has the padlock and the "https".

What can she do to get her money back? She paid on her debit card as doesn't have a credit card.

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Her best bet is to phone the bank and see if they can draw the money back, but i doubt it.

3. LauraIzPops

LauraIzPops PetForums Senior

There's been something about these sites lately in news & things I think (generally fake from the websites) & are getting taken after they've been sent for delivery, that may be the case? Not sure... Probably can't get money back though :/

4. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

She phoned her bank who told her it was a scam site and they would reimburse her money...then the boots turned up yesterday :confused: I'm guessing they're not real though.

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

have you got a link ?

6. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

I can't remember what it is now but the bank confirmed it is a scam site selling counterfeit goods.

7. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw ok, cos a link could warn others not to buy there :)

8. kaz25

kaz25 PetForums VIP

I think she said it was something like ugglovers. I'll see if I can find it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice