Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Fleas and no vaccinations? Stressed!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by LilySutherland, Sep 7, 2019.

1. LilySutherland

LilySutherland PetForums Newbie

hey! so i’ve just given my bun his regular little comb through and to my absolute horror i saw a flea - not just one, but two!!

i read online that fleas in rabbits can be deadly, especially when considering the risk of catching myxomatosis and other fatal diseases - but my bun has only had one of his vaccinations, but not yet the other! i really don’t know what to do, i tried to book an appointment with the vets online (they’re closed at the moment) and it’s saying that the earliest they can see him is the 20th or september!! this is far too long i have an emergency/out of hours number that i could call but i feel so silly and dramatic calling this number for something as ‘minor’ as fleas so i’m really quite torn and very distressed. any advice would be so greatly appreciated xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice