Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! First weekend leaving kittens and freaking out!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colette, May 26, 2010.

1. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

AAhhh....

I feel horrible, all nervous and worried and mean at the same time.

We got the boys in Feb and haven't been away at all since. This weekend is our first weekend away, leaving tomorrow and coming back monday.
    It never occured to me I've never had to leave my pets AT ALL before!

Living at my mums it was never an issue - there was always someone still at home when others went away, so very little routine change for the animals.

I really feel like I'm abandoning them, to the point I actually feel sick knowing that this afternoon I'll be taking them away.

They are staying with one of my closest, most trusted friends. They have met her twice before and loved her, she has no kids or other pets, etc. I know 100% she will feed them, do the litter tray, play with them, take them to a vet in case of emergency etc... I really shouldn't be worried, but I am so paranoid that they will freak out, be all depressed and scared, destroy the furniture, not eat, get sick, forget me....

OMG I am seriously losing it. Please someone make me feel better!

2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Cats are very resiliant, they will probably be calm and chilled, as long as they're fed and watered etc, i bet they wont even realized you've gone:)

3. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

the cats will be fine, trust me i was like you when i first left twix and i came home and he pounced on me and lay purring on my lap like i`d never been away. hope you enjoy your weekend away and bring home some special treats for them :D

4. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 PetForums Member

My cat went for overnight stays at my in laws from been a kitten to get her used to it and she loves staying with them!!

Our issue is she hates the cat carrier and travelling in the car but once she gets there she relaxes straightaway! she love sitting in conservatory window watching birds on garden!

My Mother in law wont let the cat out though when she looks after her as they live on quite a big road but it doesnt seem to bother Phoebe staying in!

They will be fine and have each other for company anyway!

Dont worry and have fun on your trip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice