Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help fire!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jun 2, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Well sort of, the kids wanted some of those part cooked bread rolls so I dutifully turned on the cooker and left it to warm up, 20 minutes later my daughter came running in asking why the kitchen was full of smoke:eek:. Instead of turning on the oven I had accidentally turned on one of the rings and on that ring was a pair of oven gloves which was on fire, I just got to them before they went up in flames so I was able to throw them out into the garden, they are now stamped out and in the bin but all the neighbours got an account of silly mummy and what she did, dontcha just love kids:eek:.

2. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

lol my oh done a similar thing the other week. he put grill on instead of oven, then put a steak pie in without realising and the pie actually went on fire haha. lukily he smelt the smoke and got it put out before the place got caught in flames :scared:

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I have done this before with pizza...... put it too close to the top of the oven and put it on the setting that heats the top and bottom, left it for a *long* while, and came back to a smoky kitchen, and some flame grilled pizza!

4. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I came home once to fire engines - hubby had left some soup on!!! :eek:

Most of my cooking is burnt anyway - I get so bored waiting for stuff to cook that i wander off and when I go back its usually too late. :eek:

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

ooh ya so lucky aye it could have been tragic :)

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Rip oven gloves :lol:, at least the house doesnt stink of smoke any more, either that or Im just used to the smell now:lol:.

7. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Oh my lordies..... the poor oven gloves..lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice