UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help :)

A friend at work has asked me to point him in the right direction of getting a pup :D

However I am stumped :eek: he wants a pup (proper baby one not 6 months old) and not bothered if mongrel or cross breed or pedigree, as long as its a small sized dog. They particularly like, and have experience of terriers, both jr's and fox terriers. They do not want a staffie :(

Should be easy to find, but nope :rolleyes:

I have mentioned the big name rescues fairly local but not sure how to find out about the smaller ones (they do sometimes get pups and youngsters in so worth a look I thought).

How else can one find a pup off no specific breeding, or small cross breeds/mongrels that are not puppy farms/mass produced :confused: even a true accidental litter of small breed considered!

Any help appreciated as I am a little stumped :eek:. If they had a specific breed in mind or something slightly older I would have had no problem :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I think the problem you'll find is that puppies always go first from rescues afaik because people just love puppies. However I always look on dogsblog and here are some possible matches:

Orange, Zina and Fred - 2 month old female and male Cross-Breeds dog for adoption

Penny - 4 month old female Cross-Breed dog for adoption

Jane - 4 month old female Romanian Cross dog for adoption

7-8 week old:

Spud - 7-8 week old male Saluki Cross dog for adoption

16 weeks:

Bradley - 16 week old male Cross-Breed dog for adoption

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Many Tears Rescue often have pups. Their "age" is often referred to as "under 1 year" so you'd need to check any individual dogs that appeal. Floyd is one such pup and is a shih tzu/terrier cross and he has a sister called Fara. They rehome all over the country and a lot of their dogs are in foster (they foster all over the country too).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much peeps, you all have rep from me :D

I now feel puppy broody :eek: some gorgeous bundles there, I will definitely be forwarding them on :)

Very naive of me but am surprised at how many tiny ones are in rescues :(. If my work friend rehomes one I will be happy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.