UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect indie is having a false pregnancy, she's showing a lot of signs that she is and her behaviour has become unbareable! She's now
Got severe separation anxiety and can't be left alone for 5 mins without creating hell! Last night she would not stay sleeping downstairs like normal and broke our baby gate and scratches all of our bedroom doors til my mum caved and let her sleep with her. She walks around crying all day and I really don't know how to deal with it, she's a really unhappy dog :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are taking her to the vet tomorrow as I'm growing concerned. Our trainer said its best to let her get on with it but discourage the nursing toys behaviour but she's just so unhappy its sad to see

Eta: we were booking her to get spayed next week but have heard its best to wait until the false pregnancy is finished

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yes get her checked at the vets who will also see if she is lactating. It is pitiful to watch, I went through it with Tilly & had to hide all her toys to stop her from nestling them in her bed, she was very depressed & whiney at the time. I had her spayed about 3 - 4 weeks later I think (I can't remember exactly)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes get her checked at the vets who will also see if she is lactating. It is pitiful to watch, I went through it with Tilly & had to hide all her toys to stop her from nestling them in her bed, she was very depressed & whiney at the time. I had her spayed about 3 - 4 weeks later I think (I can't remember exactly)
Yeah will do, I have felt her stomach and there is no sign of swelling and her nipples are normal but what do I know! It is heartbreaking but I'm trying to ignore her pining as I don't want her to learn that she can get attention from pining but last night was unreal, she just would not settle without us, she kept us all up till 3am howling trying to get into the bedrooms. Not sure if my mum did the right thing by giving in and letting her sleep in the bedroom. Is it best to hide her toys then? Will this help her get over it quickly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.