Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help expose puppy farms

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cinnamontoast, Jan 11, 2012.

1. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Puppy farming and scams. Please read and cross post

This was on British Flyball forum and they have asked it to be crossposted to let as many people know as possible.

A very high profile TV show wants to drill down on puppy farming. We need new and
    old cases of people who have bought farmed dogs that had lots of problems.
    Medical, behavioural, not growing up into what they were sold as etc etc etc.
    Either bought via retail outlets or ...online sites, meeting up in service
    stations etc. Any puppy scams considered. Please email me if you know of anyone
    who would take part and help expose this dreadful trade. Getting numbers and
    contacts together to send on tomorrow. Please cross post and encourage people
    with first person stories to contact me and tell their stories. Publicity is
    what this needs and people need to be brave and talk on camera.

My email is:
    beverley@dosgtodaymagazine.co.uk

Please note e-mail reply should read beverley@dogstodaymagazine.co.uk

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I've never bought a puppy farmed dog but I know someone who did and they spent around £14,000 in vets bills on their pup before losing him at 13 months to hereditary illnesses - a lovely tempered goldie but his Hip and Elbow Displasia was so bad that 3 surgeries, hydrotherapy and several alternative therapies did *nothing* to help him - will see if I can get his owners to contact

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice