Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sign Up

Help - eaten 1 grape !?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sprocker Fun, Aug 1, 2009.


  1. Sprocker Fun

    Sprocker Fun PetForums Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Please help.
    I know grapes are known dog poisons.
    My 11 week old spaniel puppy just ate one.
    Read somewhere 4 grapes could be fatal!

    Any advice / reassurance appreciated.

    UPDATE - just one very loose stool the next morning, no other symptoms.
    Thank you for comments.
     
    #1 Sprocker Fun, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. Spaniel mad

    Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    6,305
    Likes Received:
    82
    I think if its just one she will be ok
     
  3. Nonnie

    Nonnie PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2009
    Messages:
    17,011
    Likes Received:
    9,452
  4. DevilDogz

    DevilDogz Guest

    Im sure your puppy will be fine..I belive it has to eat a fair amount for it to cause a problem..
    Like said above if you are worried ring your vets for advice..but im guessing all they would say is to keep an eye on the pupster....If theres any change in its behaviour defo ring them!!
     
  5. sequeena

    sequeena PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Messages:
    21,583
    Likes Received:
    578
    I would keep an eye on her just in case.

    Vomitting is the first sign if your dog is in danger.

    I wouldn't say one grape will kill her but as she is young you do not want to take any chances.
     
  6. Sprocker Fun

    Sprocker Fun PetForums Newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Thank you all.

    Reading some horrible stuff about grapes.

    I am hoping one will be OK.

    Encouraging that some give / gave grapes regularly and no effect.

    Fingers crossed.

    Will update you tomorrow.
     
  7. Jazzy

    Jazzy PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2009
    Messages:
    6,226
    Likes Received:
    198
    I think she will be just fine.:) Our puppy ate most of a bag of silicon gel a couple of weeks ago.:rolleyes:
     
  8. KarenHSmith

    KarenHSmith PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Messages:
    4,279
    Likes Received:
    73
    1 grape, shouldn't do no harm - just don't let her have access to any more :)
     
  9. LostGirl

    LostGirl PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2009
    Messages:
    9,430
    Likes Received:
    139
    zebs eaten a few grapes and hes fine :D
     
  10. Yourgifts Ourgifts

    Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2009
    Messages:
    2,763
    Likes Received:
    89
    No need to panic as it something like a large handful to do any harm..but always be on the safe side and just keep an eye on her..more to calm yourself than anything else..;)
     
  11. Burrowzig

    Burrowzig PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    17,926
    Likes Received:
    11,515
    It's supposed to be the grape seeds that do the damage; most grapes these days are seedless varieties. If it was seedless, just keep an eye on the dog, don't worry.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice