Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Help dogs head caved in?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sophie miller, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Sophie miller

Sophie miller PetForums Newbie

hi overnight my 3 year old Labradors head looks like it's caved in. He is dribbling and his eyes are watering. It's on his right side. He is slightly overweight. Anyone know what is happening ??? He doesn't seem in pain he is his happy usual self. I am taking him to the vets asap.

2. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

My dog had this, I can't recall it being sudden though. She started out with what looked like a sunken eye and her 3rd eyelid was always across her eye, (google Horners syndrome) and her head gradually collapsed in on one side after this, and she stopped using her front leg.

She had dry eye too - the vets do a test I can't recally what its called but tried to work out where down the nervous system the issue might be.

In the end she had a MRI which diagnosed 2 issues, a growth on her trimenigal nerve (5th cranial nerve) which didn't really cause her any further issues for 18 months until she passed away with something else she just looked a bit ghoulish and had to have eye drops 4-5 times a day , and a slipped disc in her neck area which was causing the leg issue.

I wasn't sure whether to post - but although ours was not the best news, she carried on for a good while after that.

dogsaintdumb and Sophie miller like this.
  3. Katalyst

Katalyst A Lanky Lurcher and a Delinquent Dobermann

Your vet is the only person who can assist in this. Good luck and hope you find an answer there.

StormyThai likes this.
  4. Sophie miller

Thank you for your time responding! Just trying to get an idea of what it could be.

5. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Just wanted to add as well there were many things the vet was investigating so doesn't necessarily follow that what we had would be the same as your boy. good luck - let us know how you get on x

6. Sophie miller

Thanks I will let you know x

7. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Just wanted to send You good wishes for today, hope everything go well at the vets, please let us know how you get on.

8. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

Any news yet?

9. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

How did you get on at the vets? have been thinking of you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice