Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Dog acting strangely at grandmas house

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Thegillys, May 4, 2019.

1. Thegillys

Thegillys PetForums Newbie

Super new to the forum so not sure if I’m posting in right place and sorry if not! My little man - shih tzu 6 years young - has always been around my mum-in-law, we even lived with her the first year we had him and he’s always stayed there if we ever go away. It’s safe to say up until now he’s loved grandmas, runs to the car if we say we are going over! Until the last few visits, he has started pulling his tail, barking at nothing - like the wall or the just a random empty space in the room (normally quite a vocal pup but will bark directly at you if he wants something like a wee or a treat!) this barking is just at no one and nothing, also low growling and generally acting upset! If we take him for a walk or home he calms down instantly!! Hes also super happy to see mum in law and other family members when he arrives! He’s been to the vets and is physically fine and when at home is calm as ever! Anyone any ideas as to what could be upsetting him all of a sudden?! Thanks

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Could there be an appliance making a noise only he can hear that’s upsetting him?

New smells/cleaners might affect him.

3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Or something - mice maybe - in the walls or under the floor.

Lurcherlad and DaisyBluebell like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice