Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help does anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Dennan, May 17, 2019.

1. Dennan

Dennan PetForums Newbie

Moved into a new house about a month ago the grass wa short at the time we moved in but over the month has grown So we’ve cut the grass today and as we have been cutting the grass we have found this ?! My first thoughts were that it was some type of toritse to have survived outside for any long length of time but it appears to have webbed feet ?

Attached Files:

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

looks like a terrapin to me - probably "escaped" from someone's pond (maybe a neighbour's ?)

Calvine likes this.
  3. Dennan

Dennan PetForums Newbie

Next door do have a pond we asked them but she says the people before had them because they had originally asked if they could go in the pond but she said no as she wasn’t to sure on how to keep them herself looks like they’ve just been left here, just been trying to find out what type of terrapin it is so I can try and establish some kind of habitat for it to live in

4. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

mrs phas and Calvine like this.
  5. Heléna Weeks

Heléna Weeks PetForums Newbie

Looks to me like it could be a mud turtle or similar small breed. They make great pets if you were thinking about keeping it. I tried to insert a link but it won’t let me, have a look on google. There’s lots of info out there and could help determine what breed it is.

I used to have a false map turtle and she was great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice