Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help! Cat Moving house

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lyn@thehaighs.uk.net, Jul 21, 2009.

1. lyn@thehaighs.uk.net

lyn@thehaighs.uk.net PetForums Newbie

Hi there, We are moving house from a large 4 bedroom house to a small 2 bedroom flat. Our cat Alfie has lived here all his life (4 years) and I am wondering how he will adjust to his new environment. We will be living on the 2nd floor and we do have a balcony. Obviously, ALfie will now have to be an indoor cat. Does anyone have any experience of this life changing experience for their cat. I would love to hear from anyone who might have some advice or thoughts on this. I am worried for him. Should we let him on to the balcony? Thanks

2. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hi
    I don't have any experience with indoor cats yet. I am two kittens at the end of August who will be indoor at least for the first year and then I am hoping hubby will allow me to build an enclosed area in the garden for them. I am sure that if you buy lots of toys and cat trees for your cat to exercise he will be fine but I would be a little worried about the balcony. If he has been an outdoor cat he will be used to climbing and will probable try and escape and it would be awful if he hurt himself trying to jump. Could you not try and screen it so that he can't escape?
    Sharon
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice