Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help cat brought in baby mouse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by liz schramm, Jul 14, 2009.

1. liz schramm

liz schramm PetForums Newbie

Help , my siamese has just brought in a baby mouse , it's alive seems ok ,it has fur but it's eyes are not open , what can I do ?
    Cheers liz

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

It will probably die of shock anyway, best thing to do would be take it back out into the garden and keep your cat in for a while.

3. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

KILL IT, it will die of something or be eaten if it's not mobile and can get back to the nest itself which could be quite far away.

poor wee bugger but best thing is to kill it outright rather than let it suffer.

put 2 bells (side by side so they rub if not jingle) on your siamese.. will reduce the kills slightly, it has worked for us.

Baby micas will probbly keep coming tho as they can't get away and now she knows where the the nest is.. tough luck.. mummy mouse will move to an new hopefully safer nest when the babies are gone.

4. rona

rona Guest

Let your cat have it

5. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

I agree, let your cat have it, it's in their nature to catch mice and mice carry diseases. i love animals but not those nasty things.

6. liz schramm

liz schramm PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the advice... got my hubby to but it outside last night , hopefully it will be ok if not I hope the local Tawny Owl gets it

Cheers Liz

7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Aww thats a shame i would have said havent you got a wildlife hospital close! :(
    The mother wont come back for it now that it has been touched by humans!

8. Rhiannan

Rhiannan PetForums Junior

Nemo is baby mouse mad at the moment! She is the anti-mouser as she finds them outside and brings them inside to show me! Still alive and kicking and lets them go, they then run off and hide so she thinks "hmm, not to worry mum! I go find you a new one" so off she goes to get me another :eek:ut:

So then I spend half an hour trying to pull a mouse out of the dyson by it's little tail :cursing: lol

Nemo was an indoor cat for 5 years and has only got outside 6 months ago, she has learnt quickly and is a great mouser. It is handy as i know she'll catch one if it's in the house but it's not so handy when she takes them in.
    If I see her with one I take it off her and put it outside. she doesn't eat them anyway so it's not like I am taking a meal from her, just a toy really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice