Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help......bracken Not Well

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by brackensmom, Jul 19, 2009.

1. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

hi all
    just after some advice, woke up this morning to poo and sick everywhere, luckier on the lino kitchen floor so easy to clean, but now not sure on what to feed Bracken if anything. I think i know what has caused the sickness and runny poos, he managed to pinch a tub of Clover margarine on Friday:eek: and ate the lot!! So what should i do feeding wise, he doesnt seemed to be too bothered about it, he is just sitting around looking very sorry for himself.:(

2. Sounds to me like the stolen marg cold be the problem, my dogs seem attracted to that and have done it on a numberof occasions! The results being he same as you have just experenced with Bracken! You should have an impovement now! but if not need to look for other reasons
    regards
    DT

ps - feed as normal but smaller portion, and make sure he has fluid! if he's still out of sorts he will maybe just pick at his food

3. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

ok thanks DT, glad my dog isnt the only one, will certainly be remembering to put back in fridge next time.

4. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

If vomiting I wouldnt feed anything for 12-24 hrs depending on the dog and how sick they are.
    Water little and often and then start with a very bland diet, and as DT suggests small portions for a day.
    Sometimes the gastrointestinal tract just needs a little rest after dealing with such a rich contraband!;)

5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Scrambled egg is good for binding them up and is nice and light or boiled chicken and boiled rice.

Hope he's better soon.:)

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Aww bless him...he now knows that.."i cant beleive its not butter is not butter".....he will be fine, scrambled egg is good for binding. Keep an eye out if it goes on for longer though as it could be something else. Hope he gets well soon bless..xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice