Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Help Before I Go Barmy!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Lucyab, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I found using the command 'quickly' when he was actually doing a poop helps as he eventually associated the word with the action, and before long pooped on command but you just have to be patient. Are you using a different command for his wees? I use 'hurry up'.

I crate mine at night (he's 18 weeks old now)he goes to be at 10.00pm and he doesnt wake until 8.00am when i get up, i then put him outside (has slept through the night from 10 weeks).

If he should wake earlier which has happened twice, i get up go down let him out, when business done return him to crate without saying a word. He soon settles back down.

Hope this helps. :D

2. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

Just to say - with a 12wk old pupp you are going to have to sacrifce some sleep!!!! Up until about 12 weeks I was lwtting my boy out at 2am to let him out again at 6am.
    I gradually reduced it to 11:30 - 6am and hes settle well now into 10 - 6.
    If he needs to go and he is telling you that he needs to go you should really get up and let him out the front door. You head will feel like its swelling but a few weeks of effort really does pay off - there is an end to it I promise!!

If you ignore him - he wont know what to tell you when he does need to go out when hes older - so your going to end up with messy patches all over. Stick with it and keep to the bedtime routine - it does pay off :D

You dont want to be ignoring his calls and making him sleep nect to his own doooos simply because you dont want to get up for him - its a bit unfair that .. a good routine will have him right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice