Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HELP BADLY swollen paw ........

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by garryd, Jan 17, 2008.

1. garryd

garryd Guest

my one bull terriers paw swelled up the other day to the size of a base ball bat :eek:went to the vet and he said he might have to have an op:rolleyes: when i turned up for the op this morning he said what ever it was had came out when it had burst over night ! and so it should be ok! then when i get home with him i notice one of my bitchs front paws had swollen up huge just the same :eek: i have been letting them swim in some flood water in the feild where i run them ! so im off to the vet again at 5pm same thing different dog ! the thing is we still dont know what was in my other dogs foot as we did not see what came out !? And now with the bitch i still cant see any point of entry yet her foot is huge :eek: what can they get in there paw that causes this !????:( View attachment 1679

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

That looks really nasty & very sore.

Good luck at the vets.

3. garryd

garryd Guest

with the first dog they said i might have been a grass seed ???? what ever that maybe ????

4. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hmmm maybe there is something in the field you take them in - now with both getting the same thing - have you got any hibbi scrub to bath the paw in ???

5. nici

nici PetForums Senior

grass seeds are a pain in the bum :mad:you might no them as the long shoots that grow in the grass none as flea darts my friends dog got one, and because they are barbed the go in and travel round until they find a way out as they cant go backwards to come back out very painful too, the have to have a op to remove them as they can course trouble.:(

6. garryd

garryd Guest

just got back from the vets the cause of these infections are the same but for different reasons ,as the fist dog had a foreign object in between the toes the second dog lost her drew claw a few days ago and it was bleeding since then i have let both of them swim in the floods in the feild where i run them ,They both got infected in that flood water via there injurys ! there is allso houses that have there soak-a-ways in that feild where the flood water is ,so theres sewage runing in that flood water as well :eek: this is what me and the vet seem to thinK:(

7. Magik

Magik Guest

take it both infections will clear up tho?

8. garryd

garryd Guest

i hope so mate ,the dogs fine,but my bitch cant look at anyone shes in so much pain :eek: pluss her 1st season just started :( Have not got any work done to day just back and forth to the vets :(

9. Magik

Magik Guest

poor things... what bad luck!

10. garryd

garryd Guest

just well get a f****** bed at those vets !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice