Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

help! 11 week old staffy x labrador puppy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by staffy_missy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

i have had a 11 week old staffy x labrador puppy for two days now, the only problem is i have also got two cats, when i fetched the puppy in they all just looked a eachotha being weary but now the puppy has settled in when ever 1 of the cats come near her she chases them and tries to bite there tail i tell her no everytime and take her away but she keeps doing it. Also i tried to interduce my eldest cat to the pup by holding the puppy back and letting them sniff eachother but when the pup got close she tried to bite my cats face and my cat ran away. Is this normal behaviour for an 11 week old staffy x labrador puppy? And will she grow out of trying to bite them? Will they ever get on?

2. Steph_Mitsy

Steph_Mitsy PetForums Member

Hi,

I had two cats a few years ago now but when I bought home my rottie pup, I kept him in the carrier and let the cats come to him, my male cat sniffed and walked off my female, however sat on top on the carrier all day, i let the door open and he came out, the first thing he did was run after the male, who just jumped up on the side and hissed at him, the rottie soon got bored and went off after my female, who bashed him on the nose... that was it! he never chased them and they never bothered him, if he got too close they told him, i never had to do anything

not quite sure if that helps you at all :confused: but i'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge will help at some point :)

good luck x

3. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

thank you that helps alot.
    My eldest cat keeps coming over to her but she chases her away and i was just worried she could hurt my cat x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice