Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jo Basset, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Jo Basset

Jo Basset PetForums Newbie

Hi there - I have just signed up as a member and thought I would say "hi". Kept hearing people talking about going onto forums, so I actually sat down and managed to find this site, which looks interesting and informative (and like a good way to while away some time that I should be spending doing something else!).

I live in London and have two lovely hounds, an 8 year old rescued lurcher and a 7 year old basset that I have had since he was a pup. I have always had dogs (and in the past lots of cats etc). At heart I think I would really be happiest living in the country surrounded by dogs and farm animals, but that isn't possible just now, but maybe one day.....

Anyway, I look forward to taking part in lots of discussions :)

2. Stacey86

Stacey86 PetForums Member

Hi Jo :)

You've found a good forum here (Maybe I am being quite bias, but we have only been going for 2 weeks!) already, we have a very friendly group of users and we do have fun chatting on here so hopefully, you will too!

Thanks for registering with us look forward to chatting with you soon :)

Stacey

3. Jo Basset

Hi Stacey

I'm amazed it has only been in existence for two weeks! There is a really friendly vibe going, which made me think it must have been around for some time - looks good for the future.

Good luck with the baby - you are due to have him/her pretty much the same time that one of my nieces is due to have her first baby, a really exciting time.

4. Magik

Magik Guest

Hi Jo, welcome. Do you like Bassetts Liquerish all sorts? it would be a shame if you didn't with your name and all. I like them but I dont have the luxary of having the same name although I do have a friend called Mark Onion and he loves onions especially on hot dogs. I await your reply with keen interest.

Magik

5. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Howdo & welcome to the mad house
    :D

6. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome :)

7. Jo Basset

Hi Magik,

Sorry I had to disappear to the vet's yesterday so couldn't reply promptly!

Love liquorice, but don't like the weird coloured paste they put in the Bassett's Allsorts -= yuck, but I have found you can always eat around it!

Also love onions, but as a veggie only have them on veggie hotdogs, which I think taste just like the real thing anyway!

8. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

hi jo and welcome!! :)

9. Jo Basset

Thanks - love the bulldog picture! Do you breed bulldogs?

10. Jo Basset

Hi Bullyb

Just answered my own question - realised that you had a web link - cool website!

Jo

11. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They don't sound too good:eek:

:D

12. Jo Basset

They are godd, honestly, try some! Plus no suffering to poor little dogs (joke!)

13. Hi Jo and welcome!

14. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum

15. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

Hi Joe, I had a basset once, great dogs,:D think you joined the right forum aswell, welcome.

16. Jo Basset

Hi Esined

They say once you have had a basset you will either never have any other type of dog, or you will never have another basset! I love mine to bits, and am addicted. He is the first basset I have had the pleasure of being the slave of - don't they have that kind of attitude (or is it just my boy?), but he is super affectionate, and makes me laugh :D

Due to the fact that we now have a cat hating lurcher - to be fair it isn't just cats she hates, it is anything small and furry, lost count of the number of deceased squirrels - the idea of having beautiful cats like your ragdolls are now out of the question!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone :)

17. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

yes you are right, i would never have another dog..................:mad:
    only joking, he was amazing, drove me mad, he was in love with my 4year old son, couldnt stand to have him out of his sight, he would howl, and as you know that howl is loud and pittyful and non stop till he had what he wanted,
    they slept togeather, played togeather, he wanted to be treated no different to my son, :D:D

18. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi and welcome
    hope you have lots of fun

19. Jo Basset

Yep, bassets really like to be one of the family, and can be difficult if they don't get their own way. I love the fact that mine will sit and howl at full blast if he can't get his own way - til he is threatened with having to go to bed, which he hates, and then he (usually) stops the howling and merely sulks instead!

My little lurcher is so easy in comparison :), though she can sulk when she wants to - just like people they are all so individual.

20. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

Hi, only joined yesterday its a great site , am a veggie to I agree on the veggie hot dog (no onions though I prefere ketchup) the burgers arent bad ither.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice