Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kinderegg, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kinderegg

kinderegg PetForums Newbie

just joined have been debating getting a dog again after a long spell of being dog less, Mum to 7 ,2 eldest both autistic, youngest has designer genes and just lights up whenever she sees a dog. have a hankering for a puli, or spanish water spaniel, or labradoodle/cockerpoo so probably bit fussy LOL first choice would be a puli if I can do it without remortgaging again:D

Paula demented minion of the hoard

2. joyous growler

joyous growler PetForums Member

Hi Paula,

Welcome at the Pet Owners Community!:)

I'm pleased you think to choose the puli. You see, when I was a child I was seriously ill. Medications were pricey but I didn' get better from them. I just lay in bed and wasn't interested in anything.

My grandfather's occupation was taking care of sheep and pigs. Two puli dogs were his help in the herding. My grandpa brought me one of his dogs, which I was very happy.

That puli dog was the right treatment for me, because he was brought back to my mood. Consequently, I recovered within a week. I loved that amiable dog, and I wept when he died.

As for the labradoodle, there is a young girl I know, she also has autism. And she got a half-trained lab as a therapy dog from her autism organization. Irene and the trainer completed the dog training together.

As far as I know, the dog is about half a year for them already. Irene's mom said that her daughter's behavior had improved due to the animal.

Wishing you all the best,:)

Al

3. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum, dear Paula.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice