Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by S80RTE, Jan 9, 2012.

1. S80RTE

S80RTE PetForums Newbie

Hi My name is Andrew and myself and My Partner have a 10 Year old Samoyed Bitch Sasha Who is Diabetic since 7 Years, Virtually Blind (not caused by diabetes) and has had a Cruciate ligament repair operation done about 4 years ago. We also had a male Samoyed Miko who we had to get put to sleep 14 months ago at the age of 10 & 1/2. He became diabetic and had major kidney problems and would not eat so we decided it was kinder to let him go. It still brings me to tears when i think back to saying goodbye to him as he sliped away on the vets table. We also have my mothers westie although she is getting a bit dottered now so we dont know how long she will be with us for (the westie not my mother). Anyway we have decided it is time to get a companion for Sasha and we really like the idea of a Longcoat American Akita. Anyone got any experience of them.

2. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice