Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello (:

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AnimalLoverSian, Mar 23, 2011.

1. AnimalLoverSian

AnimalLoverSian PetForums Junior

Hi there,

My name is Sian, I'm 13 (14 on June 15th) And I own a 3year and 2month old rabbit, Rocky. We are into rabbit jumping, which keeps him very fit and our vet is reccomending it to rabbit owners at their practise now :D I horseride and go out on hacks, but I am quite a novice. I am going to a vets for work experience in 2012 and it has always been my ambition to be a veterinary nurse :tongue_smilie:
    My family are considering getting a dog next year (we need to do our research) because my mum is allergic to animal fur, which is why we got Rocky because he lives outside and it doesn't affect her, we did have a beautiful West Highland Terrier, Bodie, but unfortuantly he had to be taken away by a rescue because we got him off our neighbour who got him from a 'puppy farm' so he wasent the friendliest of dogs, and my dad drew the line when he bit him and drew large amounts of blood, i was 7 and I loved him dearly but I realise now that no matter what training we wouldnt have been able to channel his aggression, but we know now he is living with a couple who are animal behaviourists and he has a wonderful life away from children
    We are looking at a Bichon Frise pup, we were originally going to get a Coton De Tulear, but with breeders prices at £1500 + it was a no go :glare:
    I would love a rescue dog (when I'm older i plan to have at least 3) but because of my mums allergies we need to be sure it wont affect her

I expect most of you are bored with me writing all this so here is a picture of my lovely boy :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and me horseriding
    [​IMG]
    My old rabbit Domino
    [​IMG]
    Rocky when he was 12weeks old
    [​IMG]

2. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

Hi Sian

A lovely first post with pics. Rocky looks great. I had a rabbit when I was a child as well. Re dogs have you considered poodles or a labradoodle as your Mum might be OK with that sort of hair which is different to other dog fur. I've got rescue dogs. Becky and Jess.

Welcome to PF

Val x

3. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

Welcome to PF and as already said, what a brilliant 1st post :D

For your mum regarding dogs

Poodles
    Labradoodles
    Bedlingtons

Are a few breeds to look into.

4. AnimalLoverSian

Thank you :001_smile:
    We have looked into poodles, as my mum did have one, Mitzy, as a child, The only problem we have is there are no breeders around where I live. But we will look into a labradoodle :001_smile:

5. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

A friend of mine has a labradoodle. Lovely dog. Where abouts do you live.

Val :001_smile:

6. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Hi Sian and welcome to the forum. Hope you manage to find the right dog for your family :thumbsup:
    Your rabbit is very cute and jumping with him looks like great exercise. Hope the riding continues to go well. Do you have a nice area to hack in? The indoor school, in your riding photo post, looks enormous.

8. AnimalLoverSian

I live in hampshire, and silly me just went on the accredited breeders and there are some :) We've looked at so many dogs I get confused :tongue_smilie:

Hehe, thank you, yes it's so much fun for both of us and Rocky lost tonnes of weight and the vets impressed.

Thank you, I am ill at the moment so no riding :(
    Yes it's so lovely to hack in, I don't go to a riding school anymore, I have little hacks with a girl I know and I ride her horse Sara, we go on a track and there is a forest very near :001_smile: (new forest enclosures)
    Yes I suppose it does look big, I havent been there in a year :tongue_smilie:
    Here is the website if you want to look New Forest Equine Directory

9. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I know the stables - I have hacked from there several years ago now :) I don't think they had the big school then. I still ride but just use a very small yard with only a couple of horses for hacking so I just go out on the forest with the head stable girl.
    I live in the New Forest too :thumbsup:

10. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice