Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by josaphene, May 7, 2010.

1. josaphene

josaphene PetForums Newbie

hello everyone i am new to this site so bare with me. i have joined this site as i have just bought a bigger fish tank and am planning on adding new fish to it plus the three goldfish i already have. i have queries and am looking to educate myself on caring properly for goldfish and maybe any cold water fish that are able to live with goldfish not that i do not already take care of my 3 fish as i do well i must be doing something right as two of my fish are 6 years old and i am hoping for them to live a long and healthy life. :thumbup:

2. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Hello & welcome!
    Now I don't know too much bout fish, but I don't think you can keep tropicals with goldfish. My lil girl got two 3 years ago, they are massive now and I've grown so attached to them. Laugh if ye want, but thank god my friends 'fish-sit' when we go on hols :)

Hope u meet lotsa nice peeps on board.

Dobermum

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

*waves*

hello :) the fish section is very friendly and helpful :)

4. metame

metame PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to pf :)

5. josaphene

josaphene PetForums Newbie

thanks for the reply. your dogs look lovely unfortinatly we do not have a big back garden so we dnt think its right to get a dog yet although my 9yr old son is torturing me maybe a kitten i said lol. i am very attatched to my fish, last night we had to seperate one of them as she is biting sid our oldest and dearest fish he is 6. she is not happy at all and we feel awful but untill i find out wether is natural behaviour or not shes staying put. i cnt even look at her just sat at the bottom of the tank bless her but she cnt be eating sid simple. the things we do for our pets lol. i thought goldfish would be easy to look after but no they are not there is so much to consider and make sure temp are right and nitrogen level are correct etc etc etc takes more looking after than my son lo oj! this seems like a good site. anyway thanks again :)

6. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

Hi and welcome :thumbup:

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

8. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum..;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice