Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

hello would like some help with my tortoise please

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by jo sales, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jo sales

jo sales PetForums Newbie

hello and thank you for adding me to group, we were given a tortoise 2 days ago, were told he is 5 years old, he's not moving around alot and not eating, new to all this as never had 1 before

Attached Files:

2. KingstonTheTort

KingstonTheTort PetForums Newbie

Hi. His set up looks good and your giving him the right foods. They love weeds, kale, cucumber, courgettes, broccoli, grapes, strawberries and lots of flowers. Il add a link you can see which flowers are good and bad for them to eat. Has he got a uv light and heat bulb? Also is his beak ok not overgrown? As that can cause them not to eat. If your unsure you could send a pic and I could tell you?xx
    ( I’ve tried adding the link but it won’t let me. If you type in “The tortoise table plant database” in google it should come up) x

3. jo sales

jo sales PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your reply, he has a heat bulb can send you the picture in the morning as he is asleep

KingstonTheTort likes this.
  4. KingstonTheTort

KingstonTheTort PetForums Newbie

Does he have a uv bulb too? Yes ok mine had an overgrown beak when I got him and wasn’t very looked after so was really shy. When they get new owners it can take a while for them to come out there shell! Ha didn’t know how else to put it. Mine now walks to me when he wants to come out and isn’t shy at all now I’ve only had him 2 weeks it takes some longer or they can be fine straight away so could also be just he’s a little confused atm and needs time to adapt to his new home and new owners :) if there is anything else you would like to know I could help if I know haha. I’ve read so much about them so know quite abit now lol xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice