Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello to all animal lovers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nina, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Hi, my name is Nina Cole and I have worked with animals for most of my adult life.

In 1993 I studied the wolves at Whipsnade Wild Animal Park in Bedfordshire, where I now live. I believe that order to truly understand the behaviour of dogs, we must first look to species from where they descended. My study also involved wolves in the wild. The following year I spent time working with dog behaviourists and trainers and more recently, act as an animal adviser.

In 1998 I started Nina's Nannies for Pets (UK Based Pet Sitter, Dog Sitter & Cat Sitter Service), a pet and house sitting service. I wanted to offer an alternative to kennels and catteries and I continue to highlight animal welfare.

Our business is proud to sponsor The Blue Cross, The Dogs Trust, Battersea Dogs Home, P.A.D.S (People and Dogs Society), and support our local and national animal rescue centres. We also urge people to consider re-homing Greyhounds, since they are often overlooked at rescue centres. Contrary to popular belief, they really do make wonderful pets.

I am very much looking forward to making new friends on the forum, and will endeavour to help with all your dog related problems.

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi welcome im new as well

im also a boarder of dogs i didnt like the kennel idea and wanted my animales to stay in a loving home thats why i started boarding years ago
    wow just thought of how long ive been doing it

i do agree with you about greyhounds their really lazy dogs 20mins twice aday and their sleep the rest of it or it seems. there great for pets i took a friend up to rescue centre few years back as she wanted a dog its a grey hound and she never looked back infact she when go 2 more over the last year or so.

3. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

hi there, welcome! :)

4. greytgreys

greytgreys PetForums Newbie

Hi I'm also new and looking forward to meeting people as mad about animals as I am. I have 6 greyhounds (3 are pups and 1 is a foster dog) they are the most fantastic pets.

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

hello and welcome, theres lots to read about on here, its a good site,:)

6. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Howdo & welcome!
    :D

7. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

It's extremely encouraging to see that Greyhounds are making ground (excuse the pun).

I did a broadcast from the R.S.P.C.A. centre at Blackberry Farm, for BBC radio last year, and was quite astounded by the number of greyhounds and Lurcher type dogs still awaiting homes. This prompted me to fight their cause, since they really are ideal family pets.

8. Daisy8

Daisy8 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Hope that you enjoy the site - I am also new to the site, sounds like you are doing a fantastic job, well done to you.:):)

9. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

10. lisa dyer

lisa dyer PetForums Senior

helloooo..........:D

11. Kirsty E

Kirsty E PetForums Newbie

Welcome ..........

12. tubist

tubist PetForums Newbie

I love all animals especially dogs. I have a cocker spaniel who is very cute and playful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice