UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Liz and have been meaning to write for ages.
I have a very troublesome rabbit who is a darling really, but has dental problems and will not eat hay, and has only just, after three years decided to eat a few blades of grass! He's off to the vet on Friday for more dental work and an Xray.
I have 8 degus. 7 females and their dad Squeaky. The girls are Bubble, the mother, Dilly and Milly the aunts, and the 4 young ones who are so alike we haven't named them. Bubble and Squeak were rescues as adults, told they were two boys, but they hadn't been handled and I couldn't check so hey ho, there you go!
The gerbils are no trouble at all, there are 10 of them.Some rescues, some bought because I like gerbils! and then there are three guinea pigs, Russell and Murdoch the young brothers, and Rosie the old gent.
I also have two tropical aquariums a fish pond, and an amphibian pond with one frog!
I don't have a dog, my very best friend died five years ago.
I've kept cats, dogs and birds, and used to teach riding a long time ago. I'm looking forward to meeting friends who really care for animals.
Liz

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
hi liz, and welcome!
you do sound like you have a houseful there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome replies. Yes, madhouse it is when everyone is home and all the cages and hutches need cleaning and the family want breakfast too!
Dongle rabbit goes to dental surgery and xray for possible gut problems tomorrow, but the way he's acting doing everything apart from turning somersaults, I guess there can't be much wrong. Fingers crossed!
The photos of your dogs which are really lovely make me think of my Gelert who died four years ago. He was my best friend ever, and I have never been without a dog by my side for so long! Will have to wait until the 'family' have grown smaller before finding another dog friend. It wouldn't be fair as they take up a lot of my time, and in my experience 'rescue' dogs need lots of one to one time.
I hope to be able to be able to spend more time here, you all sound such lovely people, but then I never trust people who don't like animals.
Liz:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.