UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I've moved :) It was rather eventful. My sister booked the removals, but she didn't give them my mobile number, or mine to them.

9 am came and went, no removal men. 2 hours later they come after various messages left on my sisters phone (she was at work) Some how the post code had got written down wrong, and they went to Mansfield :eek: They were not best pleased, and I don't blame them tbh.

The flat is OK.. needs decorating, and has a rather damp smell. How do you get rid of that?

Metaldog bought the girls back last night. Looks like they had a great time - thanks Hun, you're a star . And we went for a quick walk

I've just been out with them this morning,it's lovely round here. Just loads of fields and very rural. Here are a couple of pics taken this morning

Right back to unpacking and sorting :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Sounds as if you are going to have some lovely walks; no more park where you got hassle, no more frightening neighbour - a new start. I am so pleased for you.

Does the flat smell musty as it's been empty for a while (if it has?) or because it's damp? If there's any mouldy walls / doorframes etc a clean with lemon juice or vinegar both diluted with water helps. If it's carpets could you maybe hire a carpet cleaner - I seem to remember Morrison's do them pretty cheaply. If curtains, take them down and wash them.

G

·
So hope you'll be happy. Wipe down all cupboard shelves with bicarb and detergent, wipe clean, then wipe down with eucalyptus oil, throw open windows. Will really perk you up.

See if you can corner the smell.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
It's been empty for awhile. It's mainly the bathroom.
I'd probably give it a really, really good scrub then with some white vinegar or lemon juice diluted with water.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Looks like it's a lovely area and you and the girls will be getting some lovely walks.

Pleased you finally got moved ok and I hope you'll be really happy once you've got all unpacked x

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Looks like you've got some great walks around there! If the damp smell persists I'd get onto the council. Hopefully it's just that its been empty for a while, but if there's any damp in tha flat the council should sort it.

Did you ask if they will give you anything towards redecorating?

Hope you are really happy in your new home.

G

·
Put some bicarb down all the drains, let sit for 1/2 an hour, then pour a cup of vinegar down there, let sit for another 1/2 hour, then run taps. See if that helps.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Sound like a great place to live. If the damp smell is in the bathroom, does it have a window, make sure you keep it ventilated or use the fan (if no window and no fan get the council on to it) whats the flooring, carpet can harbour damp smells in bathrooms. Get your self some nice smelly stuff to mask any lingering smell for now. But most of all ignore the smell and relax :D

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ooooooh, it all sounds very exciting at your end. :)

It looks a perfect area for walking your girlies.

The smell in your bathroom may just be that the house has been unoccupied, but as Bessie dog suggested, dont be frightened to contact the Council if it persists. :thumbup1:

Looking forward to hearing about all your new adventures.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hope youre happy in your new home :thumbup1:

Chuck some drain cleaner down the drains in the bathroom and scrub the tiles, throw the windows open and later on relax with a glass (or bottle :eek:) of wine! Soon, you wont notice the smell :001_huh:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Wow that happened quickly :D So pleased for you and the girls in your new home x

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
Glad your happy and settled in your new home as for the smell if its in the bathroom i would use bleach ...( i am a bit of a bleach freak) i don't know if its the best just i love the smell :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.