Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello, new cat & chi owner :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by antiego, Jun 27, 2020.

1. antiego

antiego PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

My partner and I recently adopted a cat, who is settling in nicely in our spare bedroom in the attic, with litter tray, bed, food bowls, scratching post, and cat tunnel, she loves affection and is purring and eating and using the litter tray :) still settling in and hiding at times but she is now showing curiosity about what lies beyond the bedroom door and downstairs :)

I introduced her to my partner yesterday and she is easing in to her new forever home nicely, showing a lot of affection, purring and kneading even without being petted :)

I've grown up with cats and am definitely a cat person but love dogs too.

On Monday we are taking in a 9 week old chihuahua pup, and planning on playpen training her.

We have read articles about introducing a new puppy to a resident cat,

However we are unsure whether it is best to allow our cat to explore the house freely, before our pup arrives home - perhaps it would be better to wait?

Thanks in advance, and over the moon that our cat is settling in nicely, and finally able to raise a chihuahua :)

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to you and your new pets . :)

I hope you will get more answers in the cat section. If this were me I would start to let her out more to explore.

3. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice