Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hello need some advise or help

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Lorna1, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Lorna1

Lorna1 PetForums Newbie

mother cat is or was pargo first litter...
    had one kitten two day's ago... last nite mother was bleeding and no sign of another kitten.....
    i felt her tummy and i could feel two round balls inside of her they are kinda hard and move....
    as one of those balls were lower yesterday when i checked on mother.... now those two balls are they sack of kittens?????
    i have done some reading on the net and it says her birthing could last up to 4 day's this is a first time for me.....
    mother in-law came over rubbed her tummy and mother cat went and licked her self.....
    any help or advise would be very helpfull to me please and thank you

2. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

If the mother cat is having a tough labour she needs to see a vet.

It is normal for them to rest in between kittens but 4 days is too long.

3. Lorna1

Lorna1 PetForums Newbie

today is the second day she had her first thursday morning.... bleed alittle last nite and that was it.....

4. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

I thouht Pix had another one inside 3 days after, so took her to the vets and it turned out that what I could feel was hard poo moving through her system! how embarassed was I?? :blush2:

You should defo take her to the vets. A break is normal, but 4 days is too long (as cat crazy said!). Especially with the blood, she definitely needs looking at...

All the best, hope all goes well.

xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice