Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello - Kitten advice!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jls22, Aug 19, 2009.

1. jls22

jls22 PetForums Newbie

Hi

I'm new to the forum and will be the proud owner (actually, I'll probably be owned!) by two Russian Blue boys who arrive with us in two weeks. They will be 14 weeks old when they arrive and will have travelled over 250 miles to get to their new home!!

Anyway, both my partner and I have had pets before, but only dogs from puppies and not cats from kittens (well, in adult life anyway, we've both had cats as kids).

I've read lots of research reference material on settling them down in their new home but was looking for any "practical " advice on peoples experiences and what has worked and hasn't! They are brothers so will have each other but are there any hints or tips on getting our two boys settled in as soon as possible?

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i am so jealous... russian blues are amazing smart cats. i would just say see how they are when they are home as they may settle in really quickly naturally whereas others are a little more stubborn.. oh and yes its you that WILL be owned he he

3. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

You will def be owned ;) You should make a list of questions to ask your vet when you visit him/her for their check up. Have you looked up information on the net about the breed? Nice you got two I wish I had it would have been company for my fur buddy, but hubby won't let me have another :(
    Good luck to you all, keep us informed of their progress & post lots of photo's for us to see :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice