Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello im new here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chrisaviary, Apr 20, 2011.

1. chrisaviary

chrisaviary PetForums Newbie

Hi all im Chris, and im from Irvine, west coast of Scotland.

I basically joined here, as i were looking for some advice.
    You see im planning on building a large aviary in my garden, at the bottom of it.

The measurements for it will hopefully be as follows:
    12ft wide X 12FT long X 6Ft high(as their are restrictions to the height of building u can build outside)
    how i was planing on doing the layout is: 3ft storage space, and access to the back of the enclosure, 2ft for the birds wooden enclosure, to hide and rest and feed and then a rather spacious flight of 7 ft. of course it will all be 12 ft wide its just the length of the aviary will be split into 3 parts.

I was looking into putting my 2 wee rabbits at the bottom of the aviary so that way the rabbits would have a nice wee run for them to run around in outdoors. As i read on several different websites that it is possible to keep rabbits in an aviary.

I was just wanting you thoughts and suggestions on my idea, and im looking for advice of what sort of birds i can keep in this sized aviary i am planning on building.

i am also going to build a raised pond! in my garden, of which i was planning it to be 3 fT wide X 3ft Long X 2-3 ft deep.
    I was going to build it with a nice wooden frame and was planning of building seats into the side of the pond.

its hard to explain it with out images but hopefully i can get some interesting responses on this

Thanks for reading and for any responses.
    Chris

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

welcome :) sorry no one saw before now!

3. whippetman

whippetman PetForums Junior

Hi Chrisaviary, seems like you have got your hands full, well I am sure that you will get lots of help and advice on here, good luck and welcome aboard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice