Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello I'm new and would love advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mylo1973, Jul 7, 2009.

1. mylo1973

mylo1973 PetForums Newbie

Hi I am new to this forum. We are soon to be getting an 8 week old Beagle. I am looking at making preparations for it and am wondering if anyone has advice about the best kind of cage to get ( medim or small, plastic or metal)

Any advice on this or Beagle pups in general would be greatly appreciated as i have never had a dog before

Thanks

2. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

Hello!

We have 2 beagles (who are 4 months tomorrow) and they are a handfull :D

We got a small cage as they were tiny but have ended up buying a much bigger one off pets at home website! I think it would be better for you to get a bigger one to start off with and then maybe just put a divider in until they are bigger!

We got ours used to a collar the second week we had them which i think is a must! as when it comes to walking this will help :)

TREATS!!! They are food addicted and will do anything for treats so have some to hand!

Lots of toys/teddies that they can chew etc! A blanket too!!!

Mmmmm not sure what else i can think of!?!

When are you getting him/her? x

3. mylo1973

mylo1973 PetForums Newbie

Hi thanks for that advice it's great. We are getting him at the end of August and our children are very excited. I am very nervous about the first few nights,. I have read alot that we should keep him in our bedroom for the first few weeks. Is this what you did? Are yours going all night yet without needing the loo? How is potty training going??

Thanks so much

Tina

4. Would go for a metal cage myself! the medium one (approx 28/30") should be adequate and also suitable for when he gets older! initially you may have to section this off though making the pup feel more secure!

Best of luck! and piccys asap please.
    regards
    DT

5. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice