Hello i have a 4 month old corn snake

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Pudding n boos mum, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Pudding n boos mum

Pudding n boos mum Numero uno fluff x

Thermostat just 2 weeks old has just packed in .. new one coming 6th december .. heat mat works under set up but how can i make sure pop baby corn snake is safe from cold and if the heat mat over heats ? Help please xx

2. SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog PetForums Senior

Don't use the heat mat without a thermostat! It can get too hot and burn your snake. Just wait until your new one comes. What is your house temp? Considering corn snakes and their relatives are North American they can survive cold temps just fine. It can get very cold in winter in places with rat snakes and king snakes. I just put a (wild) baby back outside last week that was in my kitchen and it's been lows of 30s to 40s (Fahrenheit). These snakes are adapted to this.

BlueJay and Pudding n boos mum like this.
  3. Pudding n boos mum

hello thats exactly what i did ....my house is usually very warm as i suffer when cold due to health problems ..the only time my gas heating is off is when i go to bed if i go.. about 75 here indoors ... outside is 5 degrees in scotland but new thermostat arrives tomorrow .... thank you so much for reply xx

SpicyBulldog likes this.
  4. SpicyBulldog

That sounds great then. TBH I don't use them for corns at all and my oldest is thriving at 13 years old. My ambient is 70 in the cooler months.
    Do you have any pics you could share of your hatchling?

Pudding n boos mum likes this.
  5. Pudding n boos mum

Yes i will find some pics of pop xx IMG-20171025-WA0000.jpeg

SpicyBulldog likes this.
  6. SpicyBulldog

Adorable!

7. Pudding n boos mum

sorry 4 delay here are more pics of pop xx
    Hello again i dont know if its male or female but i dont really mind.. pop eats well is tame and seems to be thriving.. havent had it long 6 weeks maybe ...beautiful wee thing ... xx do you think its 4 months ? History is a bit patchy ...i keep records of all my lot over the years .. but some dont xx

Attached Files:

SpicyBulldog likes this.
  8. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums Member

Lovely corn snake :)

It can be difficult to age snakes specifically, some may stay tiny for a while if they'd been fussy eaters in the past. But generally, I'd say 4 months is a good guess.

I got my kingsnake in the month of January, he was just a summer baby, no idea of exact DOB so I made it up - doesn't really matter, I know round about.

9. Pudding n boos mum

hello and thank you ..ive had pop 6 weeks maybe. And he/shes cool ..i think im doing something right 1st shed came off whole eye caps too ..i was well happy .. never refuses food yet..years ago i rescued a brazillian rainbow boa .. she was abused and omg such a beautiful reptile..i miss her to this day. Your king sounds lovely ..any pictures ? 4 months was just a guess this end too for pop ..xx ps good morning

10. SpicyBulldog

Could be around 4 months, but as the other poster said can be hard to tell snake ages.

11. Pudding n boos mum

Im no really bothered about age ... roughly will do me .. im just happy i got pop and he/shes healthy .. ps good afternoon x

SpicyBulldog likes this.