Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hello from sunny spain

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by elainep54, Jan 24, 2008.

1. elainep54

elainep54 PetForums Newbie

at the end of march we will be returning to the uk along with our two spanish aquired cats! we have had them fully passported so bringing them back to the uk has been very simple although costly! they are flying with Thomsons into Doncaster.

until we sort things out permently we are all living in a caravan near Louth. Has anyone any experience of living with cats in a static van? our cats mainly live outside in spain, not sure how they will cope with the english climate. Although they are from feral stock, we have had them from about 10 weeks old - they are 4 years now - but they still hold onto their feral personalities.

I do hope they settle into their new way of life.

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome Elaine to you and your cats:)I wouldn't worry too much as i'm sure they'll adapt and settle very well-they are like kids-it's us who frets like mad and they just get on with things:)Good luck with the transition and looking forward to chatting and seeing lots of pics:)

3. Hello and welcome!

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

hi and welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

5. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum - when you get your cats over to the UK - just make sure they have a safe and secure area with a bed - they will settle in with no worries as they still have you :)

6. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Hi, welcome.
    The only advice I can give you on bringing your cats back to England is 'BRING A JACKET!'.......:D:D
    Hope they settle in ok. :)

7. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

Hi! Welcome to the forum :) I'm new too.

8. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

hello and welcome to the forum :)

I'm sure they will settle in fine:)

9. elainep54

elainep54 PetForums Newbie

just thought I would update you all, our cats have settled just fine into their new home, enjoying the countryside and nearby woods. In fact they have lost most of their feral attributes! not sure why, but since in the uk they have become more calm and sociable, its a mystery, not complaining. they are a pleasure. right move I say for all concerned.

10. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

Well done Elaine and welcome home! I have two friends that live out in Malaga but it is great to see them when they come home on a visit. :D:D:D

11. janet001

janet001 PetForums Member

Hi and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice