Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello from me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rutilus, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Rutilus

Rutilus PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, I joined this forum recently and haven't had a chance to introduce myself.

My name is David and I live in Fife in Scotland. Whilst I have always had an interest in animals, and have various different types as pets (much to my parent's dismay when I was younger!) my main focus now is dogs. I show dogs (both for myself and professionally, for others) and occasionally breed (however we have been "in" dogs for about 15 years and only had two litters).

I travel up and down the UK to all of the major Championship shows which are held, as well as supporting the more local open shows. I am very lucky to have owned Show Champion Weimaraners and Gordon Setters, and handled numerous other top winners in a lot of breeds.

My Kennel affix is Rutilus which I jointly "own" with a very good friend of mine and we have a joint interest in the dogs we own. At present I share my house with my show champion weimaraner, her neice and a pointer who came to us last August for rehabilitation as he was very nervous. He is coming on well and when we took him to Crufts this year (as he had qualified) he ended up placed second out of 26 in the largest pointer class of the day.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and/or reading all your posts :001_smile:

2. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Welcome to et fourm

4. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

5. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi David, welcome to the Forum, you certainly won't be short of people to yarn with on here as I believe there are quite a few Weimy owners on the Forum!, my brother owns a Weimy and at first I honestly thought he wouldn't cope with the pup as he seemed far too hyper for my brothers laid back lifestyle, but, I am glad to say I was wrong!, the pup has transformed into a beautiful well behaved dog a real credit to his breed!, as for Gordon Setters we meet one regularly on our walks and he's a lovely friendly, bouncy boy who seems to love everybody!, we also have quite a few Scots members on the Forum so you never know, there may be someone near you!!. wayne.

6. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

Welcome to Pf David xxx

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to pf!
    sounds like you are very lucky all round!

hope to see you around the board!

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello & welcome :)

9. Siany1234

Siany1234 PetForums Junior

Welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice