Hello from Amy and Teddy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Teddy-dog, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, just joined. Me and my OH have just got our first dog together. My family have always been big dog lovers and we've always had dogs.

When I was a child through to a teenager my parents had a Border Collie and a rescue mongrel. Then we got our first Whippet around 8 years ago, our BC and mongrel passed away not long after that and 4 years ago my parents got a whippet pup. I adore the whippets and lived with my parents for a while so helped train them and still see them often as OH and I only live 5 minutes away!

I missed doggie company when OH and I bought our house so we decided to get a rescue. Would've loved a pup but just don't have the time for a puppy! I also would've loved a whippet (or sighthound) but OH has come from a cat family and already had a cat so trying to find a whippet good with cats in rescue was difficult!

So.... meet Teddy! Our first rescue.
    22791727_10159673286730434_8959913749817699293_o.jpg

We've had him just over a week and so far he is being pretty good considering he has had no previous training. He's a year old and a bit of a mix from what I can tell.

lullabydream likes this.
  2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hello and Welcome to PF.
    Well done for adopting a rescue dog . My two dogs are rescue too.

Teddy is so cute , bless him :)

3. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome

4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums Member

Thank you both :) Looking forward to picking up lots of hints and tips on here!

kimthecat likes this.
  5. mbwoy84

mbwoy84 PetForums Junior

Welcome