Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by helsybelsy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. helsybelsy

helsybelsy PetForums Newbie

I was wondering if anyone can help me i have a female cat she is approx 3 years old and i think she might be pregnant.
    She has a large abdomen which at first i thought it was were she had eaten her dinner. But i feel her tummy before she has eaten and its rather large.
    not going down though. All her nipples are noticeably out, you pick her up and they are there don't have to feel for them.

Is there any other signs that she may have? That i need to watch out for?
    And can anyone second guess how many weeks she is? if she is pregnant that is? you can see her abdomen is large when she walks.
    Any advice from anyone would be great thanks, i would apprieciate it

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

it certainly sounds as if she is pregnant - I'd say at least 5 weeks gone.

3. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Hello HelsyBelsy and welcome:)Your sure it's not worms:confused:From what you've said i wouldn't like to 2nd guess,but assuming she is pregnant it won't be long before you find out eh:)Feel around her teats,if they feel kinda spongy this is because they're filled with milk and it's come forth for babies to suck:)This being the case then she'll deliver quite soon:)

4. helsybelsy

Thanks she also has a heart murmur or so i have been told, does this mean if she is having babies she could die during labour? This is a worry of mine or can cats with heart murmurs go on to have healthy pregnancies and births.

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Chances are she'll be fine - there's not a lot you can do about it now in any case.

6. may

may PetForums VIP

You can work out how pregnant she is by when she was in call ??
    when was that? :)

7. helsybelsy

what do u mean by being in call? do you mean when she was in season? cause i don't know the answer to that one. thank you:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice