UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
we live in cumbria we got my parents a puppy for companionship and we got one ourselves from the same litter,both boys,the plan was my dad would watch both dogs when I worked which is part time.Max 6 hrs a day 3 days a week.

Sadly my mum has died suddenly and my dad has been admitted to hostpital with leukimia.He has had it for a while but his immune system has got low and he has developed an infection.
Hence I am left with 2 pups from same litter both boys living with me atm.This may only be short term but I am desperately worried.All I read on the web is that this will not work out.
I am between a rock and a hard place.Both lovely pups 11 wk bedlington terriers.

They tussle with each other which I am stopping if it seems to be going too far.I am not sure if I should try to get an alpha male by petting one first feeding it first etc.try feeding seperate but they love to share,they seem fairly equal in temprement

they sleep in their own cages at nite.Toileting is not going to badly they go to the door but if your not watching they dont whine and just wee at the door quite happily!!.I am doing my best to split them up to give individual attention etc.

My huge worry is if I have to do this long term can it work?
Also I am on short shifts atm so dogs are happy in cages for a couple of hrs at a time but what is a resonable time to leave them.I can get a dog walker in if needed on longer shifts.

I am also looking for advice to avoid littermate syndrome

Any help would be greatfully recieved

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.