UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've just joined and would like to say a big hello.

I am desperate for some cat advise. I live in Saudi Arabia and have a 13 year old cat, the cat belonged to someone whos wife returned to Russia and he didn't want to look after him. My wife and I love him very much but in 2 1/2 years will have to give him back as the man will return to Russia.

I am concerened that at 16 Charly (our cat) will be too old to travel all the way to Russia and live in a harsh climate. We have taken taken Charly to our home as he was not well looked after by this man but have agreed to give him back in 2 1/2 years as he wants to take Charly back to his wife.

His wife has ageeded though that when Charly is 16 and a vet advises that he is too old to take on such a journey to Russia then we can keep him.

My wife is certain that this will be the case but I think I need more assurance as it will break my heart to give him back. Does anyone have any views on this?

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dear Mick.

The cat is too old both to make such a long journey and to adapt to a new life in Russia. You are his family and your home is his home. I hope the vet will rule against him travelling. And if not, I hope, if the original owner cares at all for the cat, he will let him stay with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.