Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Twinx, May 8, 2010.

1. Twinx

Twinx PetForums Newbie

My name is Caroline, and I'm sort of an owner of a cat. The reason I say 'sort of own' a cat is because she's a stray who has found her way into our garden and hearts, she was a little worse for wear when we found her, but me and my girls have nursed her back to health, and named her Pepper. Unfortunately, she has failed to warm my husbands heart. He won't allow her in the house. So we have built a shelter outside. Me and my girls are so upset by his frosty reception, and he won't give us a reason for his decision. Needless to say this is causing tension.

She's such a good natured cat, never gets her claws out, enjoys being groomed and fussed. I feel so sad at the thought of giving her up, but I can't bear to see her outside, even though we have made her a comfy little snug outside.

Any help and advice would be greatly received.

Caroline

2. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

hi good for you all I am going to say on the subject is MEN:mad: is she has been living rough i expect your snuggle space is a palace to her now.

3. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

comendable x :thumbup:

4. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Hi and welcome!
    Glad the cat found your home and hope that you all have many happy years together.

Happy Days!

Dobermum:)

5. Heinz57(emma)

Heinz57(emma) PetForums Newbie

Hello , i just joined myself today and have cats and a puppy on the way and a horse! you have to remember that pepper came to you and your her family now, im sure her snug is just fine and hopefully it will start getting dryer and warmer now and maybe by next winter your husband may have come around to the fact that she is part of the family now? maybe he feels becuase she was a stray that she may have been someone elses and doesnt want to get attached to her so is preventing her coming into the house.

anyway, dont worry too much about her being outside and i wouldnt give her up

6. Twinx

Twinx PetForums Newbie

I hope this will be the case! Maybe her face can melt the stoniest of hearts in time.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply to my post

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

hi and welcome :)

sorry your husband wont let the cat n the house though :(

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice