Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heidi's biopsy results

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nataliee, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

For those of you that have seen the other thread her results came back as minimal stomatitis so that's sort of good news.
    She had a different type of anesthetic this time as the past few times she has been under she hasn't recovered that well. A few hours after getting her home she was rolling around playing with her toys so that was good.

However about an hour ago she has had a suspect seizure. It was very odd, she was trying to get up but her legs were sprawling out to the side, she was trembling & trying her best to move, she managed to stagger around the room to get towards me and was doing some weird head movements, she was still 'with it' though, just looked absolutely petrified. It was very traumatic to watch, i attempted to record it but it didn't record properly so is of no use. It lasted about 20 seconds & she seemed ok afterwards just quiet.

She's been checked over by the vet now & she will be having bloods done as this is the second time something like this has happened, the last time being back in May. As i am not always home i have no idea how many other times this may have happened, it's just by luck that i was off work today :(

2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Ha she had a seizure before ? the disease is in her mouth but I am not sure that would cause a seizure.

3. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

4. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

So the vet checked her over and said there was nothing wrong Did he suggest a brain scan or anything?
    I would go back to the vet and tell him what has happened

5. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

No the vet has checked her over & said whilst nothing is visibly wrong she would like to check her bloods, which she will do when she's off the antirobe tablets from her mouth biopsy

6. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

She's fine now by the way, just in case the 91 of you that read this were wondering

7. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

I hope you get some answers from the blood work. What a scare that must have been.

8. DollyGirl08

DollyGirl08 PetForums VIP

When is the vet taking her blood?
    One thing after another with your guys lately, I hope things improve for you soon.

Just a thought.....is there any plants in the garden that she could have licked/chewed on by any chance? If it only started since living in this house, perhaps there is a small chance of it being something like that?

9. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

:( It must be scary to see her like that , i hope the vets can give you some answers soon .

10. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Sorry didn't mean to be so childish, don't feel in a good place mentally right now (not caused by the dogs) & not got many people to talk to.
    The vet said the blood test wasn't urgent yet so could wait till I'd claimed back the money from the hundreds of other vet bills from the last few weeks but now that she's just vomited everywhere I'll see how quick she wants to do bloods.
    I wouldn't have thought she's licked something, but the garden has got all sorts so I'll have to check

11. DollyGirl08

Ah well you know you can always talk to me Nat x

Yes check just in case. Does she eat the sheep poo out back? Maybe the sheep are wormed or something?
    Or at this time of year a lot of dogs suffer from that seasonal illness, but i'm not sure of the symptoms of that.

12. catseyes

catseyes PetForums VIP

Im sorry, i was one of the 91.. i didnt reply as the seizures part was too close to home right now.

I hope the bloods give you some answers x

13. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Thanks Tanya. She does try sometimes, but we haven't been out the back in a while, she's not normally one for eating things she shouldn't otherwise. She vomitted within half an hour of getting back from a walk, maybe i shouldn't have taken her out after what happened earlier but i thought she might like a little walk :(

Sorry like i said didn't mean to be so childish about it. So sorry to hear about your boy :(

14. DollyGirl08

Hopefully the blood test might be able to shed some light on it.
    Will there be someone home with her tomorrow? Maybe she just needs to rest for a few days.

15. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

I hope so, hopefully it doesn't end up like Jakes results & throw some new problems into the equation!
    I'll be home with her tomorrow, i'm off for a while thankfully

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice