Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heide has lost her mojo!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mum2Heidi, May 15, 2010.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi is 14months old, been spayed and changed to Skinners food.

I've noticed recently that she doesnt seem to have the energy levels she did. When we meet other dogs she plays but whereas she could just about outrun anything her size, now she cant and she doesnt have the stamina she used to either. Basically she has lost her mojo :lol:

I am not bothered by it nor worried that she is ill, just curious as to why.

Does spaying have this effect and that's why they are prone to put on weight?
    Is it a maturity thing in that she is no longer a puppy or
    Is it the fact that puppy food had 26% protein and Skinners only 20%?

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

She's probably just grown up ;)
    And doesn't feel the need to run around like a looney pupster and more:)

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

That was my first thought but this morning for instance, she was playing with a little 2yr old JR x Bichon and he was jet propelled whereas she wasnt? Not that I'm complaining - I imagine he is a handful at home:eek:

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

jetpropelled - my new favourite way to describe Bella;);)

5. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Shes all grown up!! The protein may have an affect, when I changed my dogs to a lower protein food they did mellow a tiny bit but not significantly. I think shes just grown into a lady and has learnt to lay back a bit more!! xx

6. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I like!! xxx

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Thanks, thats the way I was thinking just needed a bit of reassurance. She does seem much more laid back. Wonder if perhaps the excess protein was giving her the flying lessons - being a small pup she probably did most of her growing early on and could have been using up the excess.

You are welcome to "jet propelled" Heidi used to be my little "pocket rocket" before she took the chill pills :thumbup::D

8. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I describe Bella like those wind up toys, e.g. tha cars that you roll backwards and then you release them and they go and go and go until the spring runs out....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice