Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heeeeellllllp!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by j0j022, May 19, 2010.

1. j0j022

j0j022 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I have a 6 month Siberain Husky, who for the last 2 days has taken to digging holes in my carpet!! Not impressed as you can imagine. I was just wondering if it is possible that she could be coming in to season? Would her behaviour change so much so quickly? As this is very out of character for her.

Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

2. rona

rona Guest

They don't normally dig when coming into season, only when they have a phantom pregnancy.
    Could it possibly be stinging nettle stings to the feet?

3. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hi,Has there been any food spillages on that spot she keeps digging in?
    Id say she'd be too young for her to be coming into season (but not unheard of) however her hormones will be starting to kick in and she will be coming into that pickle teenage stage soon where she will push boundaries again.
    Does she get plenty of excercise? it could be boredom (sorry not implying she is!) maybe try and mentally stimulate her some more,mind games,training etc and also give her some stuffed Kongs and raw marrow bones to munch on.

4. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Sibes love to dig, I know from 1st hand experience, our old garden looked like the moon!!

Is she given a space to dig in the garden? Maybe a sandbox or just a small area (away from fences) that she is allowed to dig in??

How much exercise and training does she get? They are a very high energy breed so need a lot of mental and physical stimulation, lots of training and lots of walks.

5. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Agree with this post! A sandbox full of toys and things would maybe help her to get the digging out of her system! X

6. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

yup and encourage her when shes doing it in a suitable place and not on ur carpets!
    Akai started diggin' at the beach yesterday, twas very cute.. lucky he doesn't do it in the house. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice