Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heating up kitten food?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SilverCat285, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SilverCat285

SilverCat285 PetForums Member

What is the best/quickest way to warm up kitten food?

I know you're not supposed to give them it straight from the fridge but I can take the half pouch/rest of the tin out of the fridge an hour before I feed him and it still feels too cold to me.

I obviously don't want to give him an upset stomach by giving it to him to cold or not warming it up correctly

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I wouldn't take it out that long before. I raw feed mine (weaning kittens included) and feed straight from the fridge. It won't do any harm, it's just that some don't like it that cold or won't eat it because they can't smell it properly.

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

A good dash of hot water from a 'nearly' boiled kettle mixed into the food should warm it nicely.

4. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

I use the microwave on a ten percent setting for food from the fridge, 30-40 seconds usually does the trick but it must be only 10 percent heat

5. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I second the splash of hot water from the kettle, it also gets more fluid into them which is never a bad thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice