Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

heating outdoor cat houses.

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by mandiecoons, May 4, 2010.

1. mandiecoons

mandiecoons PetForums Junior

hi all we r a green energy company in sunny :cool: shropshire and we sell infrared heating panels that are ver low cost to run alot of vets/race horse trainers use them so i thought it would be a good idea for outdoor cat houses/catterys etc so have a peep at our wesite and see what you think give me a holler if you would like any more info Green Energy Shropshire - Infrared & Electric heating systems its the REDWELL panels im reccomending.:thumbup:

2. mandiecoons

anyone like the idea??????:confused:

3. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Hi, Yes I love the idea and had been thinking of doing this but it was the cost which worried me to be honest.

4. mandiecoons

yes i agree they arent the cheapest BUT an average size cat house would require the smallest panel available which costs £451.31 inc vat and if you think this is going to last for years, and say (im guessing here) the average stud cat would work for 3-4 years?????? these panels would see you through 5-6 studs probably more and the running costs are minimal and there is no risk of fire with these and they can be wiped/disenfected when needed and above all the heat they provide is very very healthy heat.so even though initially they seem expensive with the low running costs and all the other plusses they actually work out to be cheap in the long run.:cool:

5. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Yes, they do. Unfortunately I just bought tubular heating but will definately give this more thought when I am a better off financially.

I worry with staying in Scotland that they won't be as effective, as it's dark and dreary and cold, the majority of the time?

6. mandiecoons

hi the weather doesnt affect them if thats what you mean???? its pretyy cold wet and miserable here on the powys shropshire border most of the time too.lol.

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh that's good to hear. I will think about it for the future, I do agree in the long run it's better and more cost efficient.

8. Slave2Many

Slave2Many PetForums Junior

We found that reptile heat mats under dairy board is inexpensive, heats just a small area when the cat is laid on it and at 12watts, is very cheap to run.

I love my cats but I couldn't justify spending £400+ on heating my cats - we bring them into the conservatory when the weather is that cold as they have seperate pens indoors.

As soon as I win the lottery, move and have enough money to do that, I will, but not on my salary! :eek:

9. mandiecoons

well jen alot of people have and will so heres to you winning the lottery hun:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice