Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heat!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jun 29, 2009.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

I don't know how everyone else here is coping! but it's far to hot for me!! I hate the summer to start with but this it energy sapping!

Had to go into the next town from us today which is a 10-15 minute bus ride, I was scorched at the bus stop, because theres no shade, sweltered on the bus because there wasn't much air coming through the small open windows.

Got done what was needed then headed back to the bus stop, again no shade stood in the full heat & glare of the sun then another sweltering bus ride home!

Right back in the house & into a cool shower! it's supposed to get hotter here at the week goes on me thinks I'll be hiding indoors as much as I can!

2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

I'm struggling! The buns seem to be coping easier than me :(!
    I'd rather it be peeing it down with rain than this humid

3. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

If the 'prophecy' of global warming holds true then these scorching conditions may be the norm all year round, in which case we'll all turn into lizards. :eek:

The best things to do during a heatwave are keep your windows and curtains shut, turn on the A/C (if you have it) and soak yourself with water periodically. As we probably all know, the water will wick away heat from your skin as it evaporates.

4. hate the humidity! but love the heat and sunshine!

I would love it to dry out for a week or two and then just be hot hot hot :D :D

5. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i hate it. i cant stand the heat at all. 23 degrees is my maximum. we had a storm here earlier, i ran out into the rain to cool down and the rain was really hot. might as well of tipped the kettle water all over me. i want to die!!!

6. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

The main problem is that the population simply isn't adapted to hot conditions, especially since we often endure long, cold winters.

7. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

This is when I love my house

The ground floor is all slate floors and stone walls and it soooooo cool

Mind you I notice the difference as soon as I am upstairs!

C x

8. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

The journey home from work on the Underground was unbearable! :mad: They should hand out water on the london transport on days like this! Felt very yucky when I got home. ;) xx

9. littlekitty

littlekitty PetForums Senior

Bloomin hot and sticky here, I hate it, waiting for the rain.

10. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

we've had some rain but it didn't make it cool down any:(

11. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

I hate the heat, I prefer it to be cold and wet!! We've had another storm here, but it doesn't seem to have done much :(

12. claire

claire Guest

Ive been in and out of the car all day at work, its been horrible :(

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I am getting SICK of this heat. Absouloutely sick of it. I didn't get to sleep till 4am this morning because it was too warm, and I had to be up at 6 :mad: my college is boiling hot and since it's only made up of 2 or 3 rooms, there's no shelter for us when other classes are on, so we're stuck outside to burn :cursing: the sooner winter comes the better!!

At least in winter you can keep piling the layers of clothes on, in summer there's only so many layers you can take off before its illegal :rolleyes: :cursing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice