Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heat wave

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Hi

its getting really hot and humid here the past few days and i have a feeling its going to be like this for awhile now.

I have heard tips about keeping dogs cool but was wondering if any one has any for cats. Ive loooked some up on the internet but thought id check here to.

Right now tidbits playing with everything cuz she a kitten she ends up panting afterwards :(

ive got several water dish bowels around the house that are freshened up everyday, as what windows can be open, and the fans going.

anytips would be great,thanks.

2. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I freeze up some ice cube trays and pop them out and into a big bowl of water.

My cats and kittens love it! They try to catch the ice cubes then bat them about the floor! Its a bit messy but its only a bit of water!

We have plastic fish that float in the water too!

They get a little wet but it keeps them nice and cool!

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

I use the freezer packs / bricks that you can use for picnic boxes. Wrap it in a tea towel or a pop it in an old pillowcase. Cleo loves to sit on it when she's warm. Does get a bit damp though. xx

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Thanks for the ideas. Ive put up a few more water bowels for them but im going to go to the doller store to get some deeper ones so ice cube will fit in them.

Ill give the ice packs a try, i bet any money theyll look at me like Im a loonie :cool:

5. Tim W

Tim W PetForums Newbie

Becareful when using ice in water trays. Cats can some times become to picky and only drink chilled water. Some good tips would to have a fan going somewhere near the cats favorite sleeping place.

6. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

Ive been doing the ice cube thing for 4 years and my cats all still drink normal water! No matter what temp!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice