Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Heartburn

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 26, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have been getting heartburn, for like a week now. It's horrible.
    But I have just looked it up, and the causes for it are...

Overweight I'm still just within my average bmi so its not that!
    Smoking- nope, I don't smoke
    Eating a large meal- nope it hasn't been after a large meal
    Certain foods- but I haven't been eating any of the mentioned foods
    Constipation- nope, don't have that
    Lying down- nope it happens at other times too, I've had it all afternoon
    Pregnancy- ???

Well the last time I remember having heart burn like this was when I was pregnant with my son. I can't afford to buy a first response test tomorrow, we are really skint due to the council messing up the rent ages ago.
    So I will just have to not drink and wait and see! :(

x

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

oooh I hope you get the money to buy a test soon! And I hope it's the result you want :D

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well technically I just need to wait until monday.. My period is like clockwork. It is Never late, Never early. And there's no way i could be one of those people who are pregnant and still have their period as mine is too heavy. So i guess that's my way of knowing. Lol

If it hasn't come on monday I will be making an appointment with the nurse to get a free test! Lol
    just annoying that it has to be now, when I want to enjoy my ohs birthday night out but I guess I can enjoy without alcohol! :)

x

4. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Do they have any walk in clinics like family planning by you? that could be a quick and free way of finding out lol! OR and this is a bit dramatic but could work lol, Fake a fainting fit somewhere really public, get a free ride in a nice NHS ambulance and lo and behold I bet they do a pregnancy test in A and E lol, you have to make it look authentic, so I suggest no brekkie in the morning, wait till its really hot and go out then! sure fire way to produce a faint lol!

Let us know how you get on!

Izzie

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

you can still have loads of fun without alcohol :D have you told your OH what you're suspecting yet? :D

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

LOL fake fainting! :D Well the hospital is in a town miles away. But- we Are going there tomorrow afternoon to drop my son off at my sister..
    Maybe I could talk to my oh later and say I want to find out before we go out, just in case. Then just go into A&E and tell them I fainted and I feel dizzy?

But- last time I thought I might be pregnant I got a test at the doctor and it was negative but they said it might have been too soon to test. Do they have different tests? Are some going to be more accurate or is it just the same?

x

7. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Apparently the tests at the doctors aren't as accurate at diagonosing an early pregnancy as clear blue etc. Could someone lend you the money for the test perhaps?

I hope you get the result you want and find out really soon. Its one of those things isn't it? you can't do anything else till you find out one way or another.

Izzie

8. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

When my best mate started getting heartburn, it was when she was pregnant with both her kids!

I hope you are pregnant, as I know that would make your day... well year!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice